I LOVE this Tens List that Holly West provided me for her blog tour stop. You're going to love it too! All I can say is that I hope I could find a way to sneak in the back door of this amazing dinner party she has created, to just see all the awesomeness unfold before my eyes! Also, don't forget that Kindle Fire HD giveaway she's got going on!
About The Book
Mistress of Lies
Mistress of Fortune #2
Author: Holly West
Release Date: September 29th 2014
Isabel, Lady Wilde, mistress of King Charles II, has made a good living disguised as fortune teller Mistress Ruby, counseling London's elite. But after the murder of one of her customers, business has taken a downturn, and Isabel is on the verge of accepting the king's offer to move into the palace.
Isabel's plans are interrupted when a beggar girl named Susanna shows up at her home, claiming to be her niece. Isabel always believed that her older brother, Adam, died alone during the plague. When Susanna reveals that Adam was actually murdered, Isabel is compelled to take up an impossible task: discover the truth about her brother's death, twelve years after it happened.
Isabel's investigation leads her through the gamut of London society, from bear-baiting matches and brothels to the realm of wealthy bankers. But as she uncovers her brother's dark secrets, Isabel begins to wonder whether the past is better left buried�especially when uncovering the truth could lead to her own funeral.
10 People, Living or Dead That I’d Invite to a Dinner Party
When I first saw this blog topic I couldn’t help but think of this paraphrased quote from Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls: “If you could invite ten people, living or dead, to a dinner party… what would you serve for dinner?”
Turns out it’s a great lead in because the first person on my list is:
1) Betty White: Though Betty might be better known for her role as Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls, her portrayal of Sue Ann Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore Show is brilliant. Plus, Betty has been in show biz forever—I’m sure she has some really good stories to tell.
2) King Charles II: I’ve had a crush on him since I read Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor. It’s no accident that he’s a character in my Mistress of Fortune series. He’s definitely sexiest British royal, Prince William and Prince Harry notwithstanding.
3) Gore Vidal: I’d just listen to him talk. He can even choose the topic.
4) Tana French: She’s one of my favorite crime fiction authors, and though I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many of my writing idols at conferences and such, she’s based in Ireland and hasn’t made a U.S. appearance that I’ve been aware of.
5) Lucille Ball: While I definitely love Lucy, her invite isn’t because I think she’d be funny. Lucille was a tough businesswoman and very intelligent—I think I could learn a few things from her.
6) Oscar Wilde: I have a soft spot for Oscar Wilde. Aside from the fact that I think he’d be an entertaining dinner guest (snark, anyone?), I’d also like to hear his thoughts about the progress we’ve made for GLBT rights since he was alive. We’ve got a long way to go, but we’re getting there—would he be impressed? Plus, I’d love to eavesdrop on the conversation between him and Gore Vidal.
7) Jon Stewart: It’s tough choosing between him and Stephen Colbert, but in the end I just think Jon is funnier. I’ve been a fan of his for longer.
8) Diane Keaton: She’s just so wacky, and yet I love her. I think she’d be a kick to have dinner with.
9) Alfred Hitchcock: I’m not sure how entertaining he’d be, but surely he’d have some tips for writing a good suspense story?
10) Matt Damon: This choice didn’t immediately spring to mind, but I’ve loved Matt Damon since his Good Will Hunting days. He seems to be a pretty good dude, too, and not bad on the eyes, either.
So there you have it, my choices for a fabulous dinner party. Who would you pick?
About The Author
Holly West is a crime fiction writer based in Los Angeles. Her short stories appear in several anthologies and her debut historical mystery, MISTRESS OF FORTUNE, will be published by Carina Press in 2014.
1 Winner will get a new Kindle Fire HD – Must be 13 + To Enter – Ships in US only.
September 22nd – Curling Up With A Good Book REVIEW
September 23rd – Fiction Dreams GUEST POST
September 24th – 100 Pages A Day REVIEW
September 25th – Stich Read Cook DREAM CAST
September 26th – Booknerd REVIEW
Fictitious Delicious – SPOTLIGHT
September 27th – Fiktshun 10 RANDOM THINGS
September 28th – Adventures of a Book Junkie SPOTLIGHT
September 29th – Rose Shadow Ink GUEST POST
September 30th – CiCi's Theories REVIEW
October 1st – Me, My Shelf and I TENS LIST
October 2nd – TMBA Corbett Writes REVIEW
October 3rd – Maer Wilson – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
October 4th – The Life And Times of a Book Addict REVIEW
October 5th - Bookish Wanderlove REVIEW