Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists, and I myself love lists as well - so you will see it frequently popping up on MMSAI, although admittedly we have not done them in a while – let me tell you, we are happy to be back at it!
Everyone is welcome to join in, and don't worry if you can't think of 10 - just do as many as you can. And of course, be sure to link back to TBATB (and leave me a link here too!) on your post!
As always they are in no particular order.
This Weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
Seriously…what is a “Beach read” any way? I mean can’t you read any book on the beach? I suppose it’s easier to read a paperback. Lighter, not as big so it blocks less sun, but really can’t you read anything? And I suppose most people would think that reading a book about or taking place on a beach would be a good choice. But if we are using that logic then I guess I should read books about the bath when I’m in the tub, and books about cabins when I’m at mine…so no, I don’t do this with those outings and I don’t do this when I go to the beach.
When I go to the beach I don’t have a certain genre in mind, I just take whatever I’m reading – so these are just 10 books I would recommend to you to read this summer in general.
1. The Shade Series by Jeri Smith-Ready – romance, hot guys, ghosts, hot guys, rock and roll, hot guys….did I mention hot guys? Yeah. Read this series! ASAP!
2. Partials by Dan Wells – Dystopian meets a little science fiction is a fast paced, action packed unique story!
3. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Joss Rothenberg – A contemporary ghost story. Yep you read that right. Awesome cover, better story! Read it today!
4. Velveteen by Daniel Marks – Creepy and hilarious, let Danny Marks take you into Purgatory and back in a way only he can. I know it’s not out until October but get this on your TBR! Then take it to the beach with you next year!
5. Bumped by Megan McCafferty – okay, a world where adults can’t reproduce to the teen girls are hired to do it? At first I was like “Uh..no way” and then I read it and was like “Woah! Well done”
6. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner – We did this one for our book club once and I have to admit that I loved it and would actually really like to see this made into a movie!
7. TEN by Gretchen McNeil – it’s a fast paced, fast read you can complete in one sitting (so perfect for the beach?) also, it kinda has a beach in it and you’ll be really happy you read it in the day light with lots of people around because it will scare you to death!
8. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf – this was one of the most relevant and most amazing books I read all last year. Not all love is good love. Every girl should read this book, seriously it should be required reading.
9. Angelfall by Susan Ee – not your typical angel book. This book is so good that even if you hate angel books, or are burnt out on them this book will be the exception! I promise!
10. Everneath by Brodi Ashton – if you don’t like crying in public, maybe don’t read this at the beach….so much as like at a beach house because it will get you all teary eyes. And it’s so, SO worth it! On the plus side you could totally blame sand in your eye or something….
So what would you suggest someone take to the beach? Tell me in the comments! Did you participate in TTT? Leave that link too!